WindRyder PWI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide & Seek

Go down

Hide & Seek Empty Hide & Seek

Post by mikkjes Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 am

To inaugurate this forum, I will start by presenting Hide and Seek - one of my favorite games, and a fun activity for many people (not very productive though).

The idea behind Hide & Seek is simple; one person hides, everyone else seek.
This is usually confined to a single large city, such as Archosaur, where there are numerous hiding spots, but still the area is not too expansive.
Everyone will usually meet at a gathering spot (such as by the Elder in East Archosaur), and wait for the GO from the hiding party. Then they will start searching.
Clues will be left by the person hiding (usually a new clue every few minutes), to further specify the hiding spot. The hiding party doesn't move.
Once a person has found the hiding party, he/she trades that person, and receives a prize. All searching people return to the gathering spot, and the hiding party hides again.
Rinse and repeat.

Tips and tricks:
- Since Friend List and Faction membership can both be used for easier tracking (master-stalker speaking of experience here), it is advisable to use a toon that is unafiliated with either Faction or on anyones Friend List. In order to communicate, start a chat room (this is found at the bottom of the text box, where one switches between chat modes).
- The prize is not meant to be significant. If you have an abundance of various items, don't be afraid to use them as prizes. A typical prize can have a value from 10k-100k coins, depending on your level of generosity. It's the thought that counts, and the feeling of gaining a prize for finding you - not the value of the item itself.
- Make sure to give clues every few minutes, and slowly ramp up how revealing they are. The first 2 clues should only offer general advice - the next clues should offer more specific advice, and when more than 6-7 minutes have passed, you should start passing out significant clues that are quite specific (but still slightly vague).

Hide&Seek is a fun Faction activity that is not quite productive, but is a way for us to have fun just for the sake of having fun with each other. It is not meant to be in the search for gear or coin, but simply for members to have fun and engage in some playful activity aside the typical ones.

Everyone can start Hide&Seek - all it requires is that sufficient people want to join. I usually won't start unless at least 3 people will search. I also recommend hiding at least 3 times, to make sure everyone has a chance at finding you. In general though, keep up the game as long as it makes sense.

That was Hide&Seek shortly - have fun with it, and enjoy it! Very Happy

mikkjes

Back to top Go down

Hide & Seek Empty Re: Hide & Seek

Post by mikkjes Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:46 am

Since the game itself only reaches its true worth by being played, I will attemt to start Hide&Seek in weekends around 20.00 GMT+1 (that's 11.00 AM US West-coast time).

If more than 3 are available at that time, I'll host it in Archosaur.

Let me know if there's interest for this! Voice your opinion! Be a forum poster! Leave a comment! :-)

mikkjes

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum